There are many reasons why owner’s would prefer to groom there own dog at home, one of them being saving money and sometimes it’s more convenient for the dog or owner.
Look no further, Shabby to Chic are now offering a one to one training course for pet owners, teaching you all you need to know to complete your dogs groom from start to finish.
We require that you book an initial consultation with us, bringing your dog along with you. This is so we can discuss what you‘d like to achieve with your dog, styles that you like as well as equipment and any questions you may have. Most will only need one day to achieve a full groom on their dog, for larger dogs we may require that you book a day and a half to two days training.
- Learning how to prepare the coat before styling, known as prep work. This includes bath and drying, brushing the coat thoroughly ensuring it is free of knots, nail clipping and ear cleaning (plucking if required).
- Handling scissors and clippers correctly.
- Clipping out pads and hygiene area.
- Learning how to handle and manoeuvre your dog correctly.
- Scissoring and clipping your dog into the style you desire.
- How to check your dogs health over during the groom.
We require that you have your own equipment before you start the course(shampoo etc will be provided), we will provide a short list of equipment and suppliers for you on your initial consultation so that you have the appropriate equipment for your individual dog.
The cost of the course is £150 of which must be paid upon time of booking, this can be paid over the phone or cash.
The cost of the course and equipment may add up to a few hundred pounds but in the end you will be saving your self grooming expenses as well as having more one to one time with your pet!